November 20, 2018 By admin
After understanding mesothelioma meaning, we need to know symptoms of mesothelioma develop gradually and usually take 20-30 years until symptoms appear. Patients may not feel any symptoms when mesothelioma is at an early stage. But over time, cancer cells will develop and suppress nerves or other organs, causing symptoms.
Symptoms of mesothelioma differ depending on the location of the presence of cancer cells. In pulmonary mesothelioma, symptoms that may appear are as follows:
- Fever is accompanied by sweat, especially at night.
- Excessive fatigue.
- Cough accompanied by unbearable pain.
- Shortness of breath due to accumulation of fluid in the lungs, precisely in the pleural cavity, which is a space between the two layers of pleura that lines the lungs.
- Weight loss without obvious reasons.
- Chest pain.
- Swelling and changes in shape at the fingertips (clubbing).
- Lumps appear on the tissue below the surface of the skin in the chest area.
Meanwhile, peritoneal mesothelioma has the following symptoms:
- Loss of appetite.
- The weight dropped dramatically.
- Pain in the abdomen.
- Swelling in the abdominal area.
- Lumps appear on the abdomen.
- Disorders of bowel movements and urination.
If you have signs and symptoms that might indicate mesothelioma, see a doctor immediately. Signs and symptoms of mesothelioma are usually not specific, because mesothelioma is classified as rare, and the signs / symptoms tend to be associated with other conditions. If there are persistent signs and symptoms that look strange or disturbing, ask the doctor to do an evaluation. Also inform your doctor if you have been exposed to asbestos fibers.